OMRON Forums

Number of PPmac connections

RickJames

I've created an HMI application in VB 2008 that connects with a Power Pmac using the ComLib. I'm creating multible connection objects on multiple HMI computers and if I run the multiple apps at the same time, then some connections fail. But individually they work ok. Is there a limit to the number of connection objects that I can create? We also have multiple developers writing code in the IDE. Does that effect the number of ComLib connection objects? Thanks, Rick

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='bradp' pid='957' dateline='1292613509'] We have a limit of 64 telnet connections. This could be changed if needed but are you trying to make this many connections? [/quote] No, Between 3 programmers, we're making less than 10 total. I noticed that if I ran my VB project I would get an error on one of the connections. But if I elinated an external connection from a different test application. Then the other VB project error went away. I verified it was the my code by forcing the error to relocate to other sections of code by changing the connection order. It just seemed like the limit was a lower number. I will have to do more tests. Thanks for the info. If you have any suggestions for verifying this, I'd appreciate it. Rick

[quote='RickJames' pid='958' dateline='1292858797'] [quote='bradp' pid='957' dateline='1292613509'] We have a limit of 64 telnet connections. This could be changed if needed but are you trying to make this many connections? [/quote] No, Between 3 programmers, we're making less than 10 total. I noticed that if I ran my VB project I would get an error on one of the connections. But if I elinated an external connection from a different test application. Then the other VB project error went away. I verified it was the my code by forcing the error to relocate to other sections of code by changing the connection order. It just seemed like the limit was a lower number. I will have to do more tests. Thanks for the info. If you have any suggestions for verifying this, I'd appreciate it. Rick [/quote] Each window in our IDE makes it own connection. Open 12 position windows and you will have 12 connections. If you run TOP on a telnet link to the PPmac you will see all the gpascii processes and telnet connections. Give this a try, open multiple position windows from the IDE. When you make a connection are you also closing it when the program stops? Perhaps programs are leaving connections open so you have really exceeded the limit.