OMRON Forums

PPMAC IDE gives pop-up message when started

bradp

[b]Question:[/b] I am having trouble getting the PPMAC IDE to run. I am getting the following pop-up message when I start the IDE (see below). Any help you can give me is appreciated. I am using Win7 Pro running in a VMWare Virtual Machine on a Linux workstation. All my other Win7 apps run fine. Any help you can give me is appreciated. I am basically stuck until I can get this to work. [attachment=1415:name] [b]Solution:[/b] Unfortunately in Windows Vista and Windows 7 you must run the IDE as an administrator. If the customer didn't run the IDE as an administrator for the first time, they have to uninstall the IDE and reinstall it since there are special procedures that get executed only on initial run. So here are the things I would suggest for the user to follow: 1. Run the IDE as an administrator (right click on the IDE icon and select run as an administrator, or go to properties and under compatibility tab, select run as an administrator) 2. If step 1 didn't help, Uninstall the IDE and restart the computer. 3. Reinstall the IDE. 4. Before running the IDE for the first time after reinstall, right click on the IDE icon and select properties. 5. Under compatibility tab select "Run as an Administrator" and click OK. 6. Run the IDE.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote='bradp' pid='894' dateline='1291417061'] [b]Question:[/b] I am having trouble getting the PPMAC IDE to run. I am getting the following pop-up message when I start the IDE (see below). Any help you can give me is appreciated. I am using Win7 Pro running in a VMWare Virtual Machine on a Linux workstation. All my other Win7 apps run fine. Any help you can give me is appreciated. I am basically stuck until I can get this to work. [b]Solution:[/b] Unfortunately in Windows Vista and Windows 7 you must run the IDE as an administrator. If the customer didn't run the IDE as an administrator for the first time, they have to uninstall the IDE and reinstall it since there are special procedures that get executed only on initial run. So here are the things I would suggest for the user to follow: 1. Run the IDE as an administrator (right click on the IDE icon and select run as an administrator, or go to properties and under compatibility tab, select run as an administrator) 2. If step 1 didn't help, Uninstall the IDE and restart the computer. 3. Reinstall the IDE. 4. Before running the IDE for the first time after reinstall, right click on the IDE icon and select properties. 5. Under compatibility tab select "Run as an Administrator" and click OK. 6. Run the IDE. [/quote] What you describe above is exactly the problem. The initial execution of the IDE was not as admin. I removed and reinstalled, started as admin, and everything runs fine.