OMRON Forums

ACC-59E3 jumper help

sveremey

Hello,

I found this thread but I'm still having an issue on a system we're working on.

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1005&pid=3878

We have 2 ACC-59E3 cards in our rack, and we intend for one to be voltage inputs and the other to be current inputs. Following the manual and the post above, we set the jumpers to 2-3 on the desired "voltage" card, and 1-2 on the "current" card. This seems to be backwards somehow. Can anyone else confirm this? I can't communicate from the job site and I need to be back there tomorrow, hoping I can get some confirmation before I go in and have a look at it again.

Thank you!

Steve

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve,

I don't quite have an ACC-59E3 on hand as I am working remotely. But I can confirm that per our manual jumpers 2-3 are for voltage sensing mode and jumpers 1-2 are for current sensing mode for the specified ADC.

1. Can you clarify what you mean when you say "it seems to be backwards somehow". What are you seeing on your end?

2. Are you able to decipher which pin is pin 1 on the PCB for the jumpers or is there no description?

Kind regards,

Shadi

Hi Steve,

I don't quite have an ACC-59E3 on hand as I am working remotely. But I can confirm that per our manual jumpers 2-3 are for voltage sensing mode and jumpers 1-2 are for current sensing mode for the specified ADC.

1. Can you clarify what you mean when you say "it seems to be backwards somehow". What are you seeing on your end?

2. Are you able to decipher which pin is pin 1 on the PCB for the jumpers or is there no description?

Kind regards,

Shadi

Shadi, thank you for your offer of assistance! I have good news, there is no issue with the card or the documentation, although it is very confusing because of the orientation and arrangement of the jumpers.

We were supposed to have 0-10V devices on our system but they were actually 4-20mA devices, so it appeared that things were opposite when the were not. We resolved this as soon as we took a look at all components, so this is not a Delta Tau issue after all. Thanks again!