OMRON Forums

IDE 2 project upgrade to IDE 4 problems

rvanderbijl

Hi,

We have been happily working with IDE2 for the last couple of years, and since we're about to make some major updates to our project, I figured it was time to check out IDE4.

Unfortunately, when opening our IDE2 project and running through an upgrade process (which it claims was concluded successfully), I get this error when building some C code:

error : Makefile:327: /opt/powerpc-465-rootfs/usr/src/linux-3.2.21-serengeti-smp/scripts/Kbuild.include: No such file or directory

error : /bin/sh: /opt/powerpc-465-rootfs/usr/src/linux-3.2.21-serengeti-smp/scripts/gcc-goto.sh: No such file or directory

error : make: *** empty variable name. Stop.

I did a little searching in the forum, and noticed this had happened to someone else with IDE3, but the solution to manually install the PP465 compiler did not make a difference for me.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What firmware is on the 465 CPU?

Can you tell me what type of C code this is? useraglo, bgcplc, rticplc, Background C App?

I am taking a look at the IDE/firmware compatibility chart (see attachment) and it really only says that new firmware requires a new IDE, not that new IDE requires new firmware. That being said, using firmware and IDE versions from years apart can cause problems.

compatability.thumb.png.6759274b3b1c41f9166c2ea300fa217c.png

Eric,

The 465 is running 2.4.0.180, I believe the latest that I can download for that CPU.

I am running useralgo, and background C. Not sure which one isn't working, the compiler doesn't say.

As for the EtherCAT stack, can that be switched to Acontis on the 465 so IDE 4 can be used?

Oddly enough, I have another PC with IDE3 on it, and that one had no problem converting the IDE2 project and compiling / downloading it. I'm using that one for now.

The PC that is having trouble has a brand new install of the latest IDE4 (and also IDE3) on it. Both IDE3 and 4 can't seem to handle the project. This is a Windows 10 machine. The IDE3 machine that IS working is a Windows 7 machine. Not sure if that makes a difference...

The 465/460 cannot run acontis. If you want to use etherlab with IDE4 you can follow this App Note, It basically says set up EtherCAT in IDE 3, take a config and move it to IDE 4 where your project actually is.:

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/download.php?f=Power%20PMAC/Application%20Notes/EtherCAT/Using%20EtherLab%20with%20IDE%204%20Projects.pdf [FILE REMOVED]

On your IDE 4 computer please try the following and report results.

Go to C:\DeltaTau\PowerPMAC\Compilers\opt\powerpc-465-rootfs\usr\src\linux-3.2.21-serengeti-smp\scripts and confirm both Kbuild.include and gcc-goto.sh exist. I am told if they don't you need to reinstall the compiler, but you already did that.

In the IDE, go to Tools->Options. Expand "Projects and Solutions" and select "Build and Run". The second to bottom option is called "MSBuild project build output verbosity:". Set it to Normal and click ok. This will give more verbose error messages on build and download.

Try to build and download the project again and see what error messages you get.

Create a new project, put your usralgo on a motor 0, try to build and download. Does it succeed. What error messages do you get?

New Project, add usralgo, does build and download succeed?

On your IDE 4 computer please try the following and report results.

Go to C:\DeltaTau\PowerPMAC\Compilers\opt\powerpc-465-rootfs\usr\src\linux-3.2.21-serengeti-smp\scripts and confirm both Kbuild.include and gcc-goto.sh exist. I am told if they don't you need to reinstall the compiler, but you already did that.

When I went to look for that folder, the entire scripts folder does not exist. I guess that explains the issue I'm having. I did a full uninstall / reinstall of the compiler and now the folder is there. And of course now it builds. I guess the original repair install I did for the compiler did not work..

Thanks for your help!

• 2 months later...

Hi - I installed the new IDE and created a project. Upon creation of the project I immediately got the error message: "Project 'PowerBrick_LV_Tango02.ppproj' is newer than the supported project version of this PowerPMAC IDE. Please upgrade to the latest version of PowerPMAC IDE."

I can open the project but there is no directory tree. So the projects I created with the new IDE are said to be not supported whereas I can open old projects which I created with version no 3 of the IDE.