OMRON Forums

Copy drive/motor setup to second axis

CDN

Turbo PMAC2, Geo Direct PWM, PEWin 32.

I have gone thru the motor/drive setup and tuning using the utility in PEWin32 for a single axis. At the end, it had an option for copying the set-up to a second motor/axis. I wanted to test the first setup a little and did that and it is running properly. For the life of me, I cannot find a way to simply copy the same setup parameters at once to the second identical axis/drive channel.

Other than going thru the iX00..99 one at a time and transferring the values to the next axis, is there a convenient way to do this?

I even tried stepping thru the setup utility again but it doesn't want to let me step thru all the steps without re-doing some of the tests.

Thanks,

CDN

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do the axis duplication in the editor by just copying all the Ivars and then do a block search & replace to update the numbers. Pretty easy peezy.

To get started, you can use the Backup utility to make a backup file of your project (or a virgin PMAC, that is $$$*** then save & run Backup).

This creates a text file that you can edit for your application, then download from within Pwin32.

Hint: You can leave all the math in place for various assignment statements like axis definitions rather than a single number. Then you can readily see where the number comes from - PMAC will do the math at download. ex: #3->(8000*4*25/17)X or M1877=(477.316*22)

I generally would break a project into 2(or 3) text files, one for configuration containing motor def, coordinate sys, userbuffer, Ivars, Mvar definitions, assignments, ModBus, etc. Be careful here as the order of some declarations matters. Again, the backup utility gives an excellent template to start from with things in their correct order where it matters.

The other file(s) would have PLC, PLCC, & Motion programs.

I use a 3rd party editor customized for PMAC language with column mode, Reg Expressions, custom macro's & file compare. PMAC's memory map is highly structured so being able to do structured editing can be very useful.

Works fine to have files open in editor simultaneously while using Pwin32 for all the realtime PMAC stuff and to download the same files open in the editor. Edit - Save - Download, and I have a set of project files that I am 100% confident in.

For initial configuration I would sometimes resort to copy n paste from the PMAC screens into my editor files, so you may not think this is all that slick.