Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor & Power Connectors on Geo Direct?
Check out 'Geo PMAC Drive User Manual' beginning on pp88 (appendix A), dated Apr 28, 2016.
The correct Molex part #'s are listed. Drawings follow as documentation of the pre-made DT connector kits, but the Molex #'s are included also.
I see some issues here as well. But - I can say I have used the kit-1A #'s to buy Molex for GPH-052 drives, and your GPL-102 is listed as using the same kit.
The 1A kit does spec the AC and Motor connectors as different.

IF you were asking about a GPH-102 drive (but you are not), that calls for a 2A kit which does call for the same connector on AC and motor connections. Maybe this is wrong, but I have never used a GPH-102. The 2A kit is used for a GPH-152 (another drive I have used) and specs same connector for AC and motor, which I recall is in fact the case.

You are right, they should be different, and on your GPL-102, using the 1A call out, they are.

Confused yet??

As an aside - since you mention drives dating back to 2006, you might want to review the start-up and shut down procedures as outlined in the latest manual. There were many reliability issues, perhaps more acute with the 480v (GPH) drives. Lots of broken hearts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey ODT, How about a separate heading for drives related topics ?? I hear there will be renewed interest soon....(?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motor & Power Connectors on Geo Direct? - mbalentine - 05-31-2018, 11:24 AM