OMRON Forums

2.3.2.5 Firmware Update: Which Version?

sdefisher

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/ [FILE REMOVED]

Readme.txt

powerpmac460ex ...... Power UMAC 460 CPU and Power Brick

powerpmac465 ........ Power UMAC/CPCI/Clipper 465 CPU

powerpmacARM ........ Power UMAC ARM (hardware not yet released)

powerpmacARM_Posix .. Omron uPower PMAC (CK3E Acontis EtherCAT)

powerpmacWIN_Posix .. Omron IPC Windows (NY51[]-A Acontis EtherCAT)

powerpmacX86_Posix .. Omron IPC Linux (Acontis EtherCAT)

When I send the cpu command I get the following report

PowerPC, APM86xxx

therefore I am not sure which firmware to use. Can anyone advise?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is as good a spot as any to post this...you can follow the flow chart below to determine exactly what firmware is needed for a Power PMAC. There are other versions available (and heck, there's one in the chart) that has no currently available PMAC that would use that version. This does not include the IPC Firmwares, however.

703980179_WhatFirmwarev2.thumb.PNG.cb18f2d5857506e001d3e3bf11fb5626.PNG

• 3 months later...

Hello,

just stumbled onto this thread as I am looking into upgrading my firmware from 2.0.2.14 to the newest of 2.3.2.5 on my Powerbrick LV platform (command 'type' returns 'POWER PMAC BRICK').

I would just like to clear up something before proceeding:

When I send the query command 'cpu', I get 'PowerPC,APM86xxx' as a response. If I follow the flowchart, I should get the 'powerpmac465.zip' package.

But according to the flowchart, it says that the response 'Power PC, 460 EX' is the one corresponding to the Powerbrick LV hardware.

Should I still continue with the 'powerpmac465.zip' package?

Thanks in advance,

Christer

Hello,

just stumbled onto this thread as I am looking into upgrading my firmware from 2.0.2.14 to the newest of 2.3.2.5 on my Powerbrick LV platform (command 'type' returns 'POWER PMAC BRICK').

When I send the query command 'cpu', I get 'PowerPC,APM86xxx' as a response. If I follow the flowchart, I should get the 'powerpmac465.zip' package.

But according to the flowchart, it says that the response 'Power PC, 460 EX' is the one corresponding to the Powerbrick LV hardware.

Thanks in advance,

Christer

Christer, your PowerBrick has a 465. All of the 19" rack versions we built for the synchrotrons use 465s to avoid a problem with VLAN packets on Ethernet.

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Christer

Christer, your PowerBrick has a 465. All of the 19" rack versions we built for the synchrotrons use 465s to avoid a problem with VLAN packets on Ethernet.

ah thanks Tony!