OMRON Forums

CFG file have to be converted from Turbo to Power Brick

Yiven

My previous controller is Turbo Brick controller with the using CFG file. Now, I have to update my current control system from Turbo to Power Brick. Does the Turbo Brick using CFG file still compatible with the new Power Brick controller ? If, No. How/Which variables I have to change? Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It is a completely different platform. Although some I variables, and buffered commands may be backwards compatible, the configuration in its entirety needs to be re-integrated. That entails system and gate settings, user definitions, PLCs and programs re-written. The first step is typically attending a Power PMAC class. For a Turbo user, the transition is relatively easy but requires a significant amount pf work for a complete system.

• 3 weeks later...

No. It is a completely different platform. Although some I variables, and buffered commands may be backwards compatible, the configuration in its entirety needs to be re-integrated. That entails system and gate settings, user definitions, PLCs and programs re-written. The first step is typically attending a Power PMAC class. For a Turbo user, the transition is relatively easy but requires a significant amount pf work for a complete system.

I have a large project on a turbo pmac which needs to be ported to a power pmac. Only plcs, plccs and motion programs. The UI for the project is a vb.net interface that talks with the turbo via pcommserver.

Questions:

1. Is there a list of "areas" where the code will have to be modified?

2. Any consultants that want to take on the task?