OMRON Forums

PowerNC?

JeffLowe

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='rew' pid='422' dateline='1275059162'] What is PowerNC please? We are new to PPMAC, I am hoping it is an RS274 implementation. Richard [/quote] Sorry, PowerNC was just my gentle poke at the software engineers and not any real product yet. However, basic RS-274 functionality was built in from the beginning and is about as simple to implement as it was on PMAC. Most G codes are simply subroutine calls and you simply build up a motion program that has the equivalent motion script in it. What I am waiting for is the more advanced "Fanuc Macro B" emulation.

[quote='JeffLowe' pid='423' dateline='1275068973'] [quote='rew' pid='422' dateline='1275059162'] What is PowerNC please? We are new to PPMAC, I am hoping it is an RS274 implementation. Richard [/quote] Sorry, PowerNC was just my gentle poke at the software engineers and not any real product yet. However, basic RS-274 functionality was built in from the beginning and is about as simple to implement as it was on PMAC. Most G codes are simply subroutine calls and you simply build up a motion program that has the equivalent motion script in it. What I am waiting for is the more advanced "Fanuc Macro B" emulation. [/quote] PowerNC is essentially NC - Software for Power PMAC. PowerNC was a brainchild of Jeff and it is not the official Name of any prouct in DeltaTau . We are in the process of creating Spec for the NC Software based on Power PMAC. Atul

[quote='agovande' pid='424' dateline='1275070661'] [quote='JeffLowe' pid='423' dateline='1275068973'] [quote='rew' pid='422' dateline='1275059162'] What is PowerNC please? We are new to PPMAC, I am hoping it is an RS274 implementation. Richard [/quote] Sorry, PowerNC was just my gentle poke at the software engineers and not any real product yet. However, basic RS-274 functionality was built in from the beginning and is about as simple to implement as it was on PMAC. Most G codes are simply subroutine calls and you simply build up a motion program that has the equivalent motion script in it. What I am waiting for is the more advanced "Fanuc Macro B" emulation. [/quote] PowerNC is essentially NC - Software for Power PMAC. PowerNC was a brainchild of Jeff and it is not the official Name of any prouct in DeltaTau . We are in the process of creating Spec for the NC Software based on Power PMAC. Atul [/quote] Hi Atul, We are also very interested on this work. Thanks Luis

• 3 years later...