OMRON Forums

FTP Server (vsftpd)

iclim

Hi,

We noticed that the ftp server, specifically the vsftpd was running on our PPMAC.

We stopped the daemon

/etc/init.d/vsftpd stop

and checked that we could still upload files to the PPMAC. I also checked that we could gather and plot data.

Could you please tell me if this is a server that we still need to have running on the PPMAC and if there is some feature on the IDE which requires this server?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if you check the properties of the project (where you change IP and password and M,P,Q start variables) you will see the FTP user is ftp and password is ftp and there is no way to change even the password in the IDE.

Matt

Hi,

We noticed that the ftp server, specifically the vsftpd was running on our PPMAC.

We stopped the daemon

/etc/init.d/vsftpd stop

and checked that we could still upload files to the PPMAC. I also checked that we could gather and plot data.

Could you please tell me if this is a server that we still need to have running on the PPMAC and if there is some feature on the IDE which requires this server?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone from Delta Tau ever advise whether you can use the full IDE if you disable the FTP account or service? I'm trying to secure my ppmac and that requires changing the root password and the ftp password.

I seem to be able to browse the ftp server without even entering a password. If you just enter FTP as the username it logs in without ever asking for a password.

Did anyone from Delta Tau ever advise whether you can use the full IDE if you disable the FTP account or service? I'm trying to secure my ppmac and that requires changing the root password and the ftp password.

I seem to be able to browse the ftp server without even entering a password. If you just enter FTP as the username it logs in without ever asking for a password.

No one ever advise if you could use the full IDE, however we have been using it for a few months and have not encountered any issues

[we are using firmware 1.6.1.1 a and it doesn't work. I have changed the root password and I can login to the ide fine but it won't download or sync database because of some ftp error.

I tried changing the ftp password and the hidden user "deltatau" to the new password but it still gives errors about the ftp server vsftpd.