OMRON Forums

Talking to Power PMAC

Omron Forums Support

I thought that posting the excerpt (attached) from the Power PMAC Training Slides, "Talking to Power PMAC," might be helpful here as a quick reference covering most questions regarding communicating with Power PMAC.

For the rest of the training slides please visit and click Power PMAC-->Training Slides.http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/ [FILE REMOVED]

Talking to Power PMAC 2012-02.pdf

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that posting the excerpt (attached) from the Power PMAC Training Slides, "Talking to Power PMAC," might be helpful here as a quick reference covering most questions regarding communicating with Power PMAC.

For the rest of the training slides please visit and click Power PMAC-->Training Slides.http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/ [FILE REMOVED]

Thanks.

I wonder if it is possible to load programs (and execute them) through telnet or accessing the embedded web server in the Power PMAC...

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. You just open communication with Power PMAC through SSH, issue gpascii -2, and then you can download the programs directly there.

Note that this technique will not work if named local variables are present within the motion program. You need to have predefined the local variable names using #defines, then download them to PMAC through the IDE, before you can use them. This is because all name-to-index conversion for variables is done at download time through the IDE only.

I do not suggest using the embedded web server as it is designed for very basic functionality only, such as polling positions.