OMRON Forums

How to upgrade Power Pmac's firmware

Sina.Sattari

To upgrade Power PMAC's firmware, you need to the file: - powerpmac.deb This file is usually accompanied with the latest version of the IDE which is accessible through Delta Tau's FTP website ([url=ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power%20PMAC%20Suite/Power%20PMAC%20Suite%20(IDE)/]Click Here[/url]) Once you have downloaded this file to your local drive (with write/read access) select the [b]Download Firmware[/b] from Configure under Delta Tau's menu in Power PMAC IDE. [attachment=1271:name] Click on Download Firmware button and follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware. //----------------------------------------------------------- If for some reason you need to do this from Linux then you would: 1. Copy powerpmac.deb to /var/ftp/usrflash with read/write access 2. Telnet to PowerPmac and enter dpkg -i /var/ftp/usrflash/powerpmac.deb wait for it to finish before doing anything else.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not use linux's "wget" command to pull it directly from support.deltatau.com into /var/ftp/userflash ? 1. ssh into ppmac controller 2. cd /var/ftp/usrflash 3. wget "ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power PMAC Suite/Firmware/Release/July2010/1.2.1.5/powerpmac.deb" 4. dpkg -i powerpmac.deb Worked when I tried it (the quotes handle the spaces in the filepath). -Dave [quote='Sina' pid='64' dateline='1222960185'] To upgrade Power PMAC's firmware, you need to the file: - powerpmac.deb This file is usually accompanied with the latest version of the IDE which is accessible through Delta Tau's FTP website ([url=ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/Power%20PMAC%20Suite/Power%20PMAC%20Suite%20(IDE)/]Click Here[/url]) Once you have downloaded this file to your local drive (with write/read access) select the [b]Download Firmware[/b] from Configure under Delta Tau's menu in Power PMAC IDE. Click on Download Firmware button and follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware. //----------------------------------------------------------- If for some reason you need to do this from Linux then you would: 1. Copy powerpmac.deb to /var/ftp/usrflash with read/write access 2. Telnet to PowerPmac and enter dpkg -i /var/ftp/usrflash/powerpmac.deb wait for it to finish before doing anything else. [/quote]

Dave, Although there is nothing wrong with using wget command, and it works perfectly, we have to provide simple tools for our customers who are not Linux oriented. Also, providing an update tool we can check for conflicts or mismatches in IDE and firmware version and flag the user or take required action automatically.