OMRON Forums

EtherCat don't show configurations tabs

orhirshfeld

We have MotionCore IPC with code and EtherCAT configuration was downloaded from one computer.

I uploaded the code from Pmac to another PC and I can view the code.

But when I try to view EtherCAT configurations I can't see the configuration tabs in master or slaves.

also, I uploaded successfully XML files to ESI Manager but when I close and open it again, the new ESI files don't appear.

Although when I try to upload it again it says that it's already loaded.

I attached some screenshots to this post

1158455083_ipcmotioncoreproblemissuewithethercatconfigurtionstabs.thumb.JPG.f70d42a6dd694061dc81016c29b7c523.JPG

1340065019_esimanageruploadingxmlfileissue.JPG.b95b3febbc47e4ae4cef5146959e8ee7.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried importing ENI but it seems unavailable

I attached picture

also from where I should import the ENI?

is it "eni.xml" in the folder i uploaded from PPMAC?

for example \192.168.0.136_16_6_15\Configuration\eni.xml

also, as i asked above, why I don't see which ESI files I uploaded to the IDE using ESI Manager?

thank you,

Or Hirshfeld

Control SW Engineer

FFRobotics

Talking to the software team, uploading projects in IDE 4 will not get EtherCAT setup. This feature will be coming in a future IDE release.

You should be able to import the ENI file in your configuration folder if you do not wish to change any of the old settings.

1445616196_importENIEthercatPmacIDEdeltatauisnotavaible.jpg.d0f2d2810b0e6d80f32bf87bba6ee605.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The option is unavailable because EtherCAT is currently enabled (or trying to be enabled). You should be able to select the "Deactivate EtherCAT" or set ECAT[0].Enable=0 in the terminal to allow the "Load Mapping to PowerPMAC From ENI" option.

That is the correct location to pull the ENI from, the main point is it's in the configuration folder of the uploaded project.

I just copied a project off a 1s drive, did a $$$***, imported the ENI and confirmed that was enough to "Build and Download All" and jog the motor.

For the ESI file not showing up. Was this an Omron ESI. It may have been merged into the existing Omron folders. I currently have some Beckhoff ESI files added and I still see the menus that contain the ESI files after re-opening.

We had some issue before reloading configurations

Is it possible to load configuration only to the IDE project, for viewing and editing, without downloading to the PPMAC?

What is the purpose of "Import Slaves from ENI"? is it just loading to IDE project?

The loaded ENI files aren't Omron products, it's Axor Motor Mack Tron and Festo Fieldbus Module CTEU.

FESTO-CTEU-EC ESI file:

https://www.festo.com/net/el_gr/SupportPortal/default.aspx?documentId=273305&cat=4821

When importing any new ENI to the ESI Manager it's rebuilding cache and already imported file can be viewed in the ESI Manager but as soon as you close the ESI manager window and re-open and it would disappear.

The option is unavailable because EtherCAT is currently enabled (or trying to be enabled). You should be able to select the "Deactivate EtherCAT" or set ECAT[0].Enable=0 in the terminal to allow the "Load Mapping to PowerPMAC From ENI" option.

That is the correct location to pull the ENI from, the main point is it's in the configuration folder of the uploaded project.

I just copied a project off a 1s drive, did a $$$***, imported the ENI and confirmed that was enough to "Build and Download All" and jog the motor.

For the ESI file not showing up. Was this an Omron ESI. It may have been merged into the existing Omron folders. I currently have some Beckhoff ESI files added and I still see the menus that contain the ESI files after re-opening.

Festo CTEU-EtherCAT Modular - 20180719.xml.txt

File_ETH_MKT_MKUN_Omron_rev2.xml.txt

1939420238_ESIManagerafteruploadingafile.jpg.3b5b775879417c162a4c409208c92d71.jpg

I tried changing the permissions and got the same results

by the way, in my PC it was installed by default in "C:/delta tau" path

I had a similar problem with devices not appearing. I fixed it by changing the permissions on C:\ProgramData\DeltaTau to allow full access for Users. Once I did this the amplifiers and motors appeared in the list.

1299356723_IDEpmacafterchangingpremissions.thumb.jpg.49151c7034b69339655f45aa96aeef39.jpg

I added (the omron version of) the ESI files and I was able to restart the IDE without losing the ESI files from the pull down.

Please try changing the permissions on C:\ProgramData\DeltaTau . Note that while ProgramData is a hidden file, you can paste the location into your file explorer's location bar.

What is the purpose of "Import Slaves from ENI"? is it just loading to IDE project?

Setting up EtherCAT involves making an ENI file for PMAC. If you use the built in copy of EC Engineer, the "Import Slaves" option will internally pass that ENI file. If you already have an ENI file, then you can use the "Import Slaves from ENI" option to browse for it.

Is it possible to load configuration only to the IDE project, for viewing and editing, without downloading to the PPMAC?

I'm not sure I understand, are you asking about just the ethercat settings?

It worked like a charm

I changed the ProgramData\DeltaTau permissions and now I can see the list

I meant just the EtherCAT settings for viewing in IDE, I disconnect the network and import the ENI file to my project and now I can see all configurations but I'm not sure what would happen once I reconnect the PPMAC controller, is it going to load all EtherCAT configuration from ENI file to the controller? or it wouldn't change anything until I press "Load Mapping To PowerPmac" or "Build And Download All Programs"

Also Another question:

in Slave configuration -> Advanced Option -> SDO Access is set to 0, what does it mean that there is no timeout or access SDO is disabled?

I'm asking it because I have problems to access SDO using ecattypedsdo() function

you can see more info about ecattypedsdo() issue I'm encountering in my other post:

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1063

I added (the omron version of) the ESI files and I was able to restart the IDE without losing the ESI files from the pull down.

Please try changing the permissions on C:\ProgramData\DeltaTau . Note that while ProgramData is a hidden file, you can paste the location into your file explorer's location bar.

Setting up EtherCAT involves making an ENI file for PMAC. If you use the built in copy of EC Engineer, the "Import Slaves" option will internally pass that ENI file. If you already have an ENI file, then you can use the "Import Slaves from ENI" option to browse for it.

I'm not sure I understand, are you asking about just the ethercat settings?

788044628_esimanagerworking.thumb.jpg.e40303c526386d35bce131b00cf1dde9.jpg

I meant just the EtherCAT settings for viewing in IDE, I disconnect the network and import the ENI file to my project and now I can see all configurations but I'm not sure what would happen once I reconnect the PPMAC controller, is it going to load all EtherCAT configuration from ENI file to the controller? or it wouldn't change anything until I press "Load Mapping To PowerPmac" or "Build And Download All Programs"

None of the settings in the ethercat folder should take affect until you select "Load Mapping To PowerPmac".

I am attempting to answer the timeout questions in the other thread.