OMRON Forums

nc functions

JohnNemt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would not be possible. The NC functions are VBA controls that can only be used in the PHMI application. [quote='JohnNemt' pid='518' dateline='1279053032'] I would like to make a stand alone app using vb.net. I would like to use the Nc functions describe in the “Nc Functions Manual” manual. However, I can not find a way to this. Is it possible? [/quote]

[quote='JohnNemt' pid='518' dateline='1279053032'] I would like to make a stand alone app using vb.net. I would like to use the Nc functions describe in the “Nc Functions Manual” manual. However, I can not find a way to this. Is it possible? [/quote] I have only needed to use a couple of calls to NC internals. Here are some VB6 code fragments that may help. ' declaring the interface for new PComServer and NC: Public pmac1 As New PCOMMSERVERLib.PmacDevice Public pmacNC As New PCOMMSERVERLib.pmacNC Public Const dwDevice As Long = 0 Public Sub init_PMAC pmac1.Open dwDevice, bSuccess ' i did not need an explicit call to open pmacNC ret Normal PcomServer calls are of the form: Call pmac1.GetResponseEx( dwDevice, strCommand, False, strTemp, lngStatus) NC calls are of the form: Call pmacNC.SetTypeToolOffset(control, coord, ToolNum, "R", NC_TOOLOFSTYPE_CUTTERCOMPENSATION, IsMetric, ReqConfirm, dblRadius, pbSuccess)