OMRON Forums

Help setting up a resolver on PMAC 3 with ACC 59E3

EnrikDS

Hi all,

we are trying to use a resolver being read with the ACC 59E3 in PMAC 3 style. We want to control a 8 pair of pole motor in torque control and velocity control.

I have managed to acquire position measurements and filter them using a first order low pass filter (the only that works) with:

index1=0

index2=from 100 to 255

But when we execute the motor setup in order to tune the current and servo loops, it fails on the servo setup and sometimes even before (open loop test).

When we try the manual tuning, it fails again due following error.

I wonder if anyone could provide the correct settings for the ECT to be used with a resolver with the ACC 59E3. We have used type I, index1=0, index2=100. But what about the LSB and the length in bits of the data?

Also on the motor setup, during the "Motor built-in feedback", it needs the resolution value. What should be that value for a resolver?

Also in feedback type, it asks for counts per revolution. Again, what value should this be?

I would appreciate any inputs on this. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make sure you have right interface board. ACC-59E3 does not support resolver feedback input.

ACC-24E3 analog feedback board has resolver option : 3-4002Axxxx-4200-B00 or 3-4002Axxxx-4242-B00.

If you don't have ACC-24E3 manual, please download from here:

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/ [FILE REMOVED]

Here is for resolver setup with ACC-24E3.

Please rotate motor by hand and see if you can read resolver feedback from position window.

sys.wpkey=$aaaaaaaa

Gate3[0].Resolverctrl=$F8500000

Gate3[0].Chan[0].InCtrl=$440047

EncTable[1].type=1

EncTable[1].pEnc=Gate3[0].Chan[0].atan.a

//16bit read

Enctable[1].index1=16

Enctable[1].index2=16

EncTable[1].ScaleFactor=1/65536

Motor[1].ServoCtrl= 1

Motor[1].pphaseEnc=Gate3[0].Chan[0].atan.a

Motor[1].phasepossf=1/2097152