OMRON Forums

How to create usrflash contents with no de?

Sina.Sattari

I would like to create a build on a specific build machine and load it into our systems for testing.

(06-24-2011 12:49 AM)Sina Wrote:

I did a different post to include a few other details. Please see this post and let me know if answers your question:

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=572

We are using firmware 1.5.x, so I understand from that thread that we should create a folder "PowerPMAC/usrflash" that contains the build.

The step I am missing is: how do I create the contents of usrflash? I can successfully build the project on my build maching using the IDE with "no device". Then what goes into "usrflash"?

In particular, the contents of /opt/ppmac/usrflash contains things that do not appear in my build: directories Database and Temp for one. For another, there is a whole bunch of files in /opt/ppmac/usrflash/Project/Configuration that do not appear on the build machine. And finally, the output files on the build machine all appear in "bin/Debug", but the corresponding directory is empty in /opt/ppmac. Instead, the outputs are scattered into various places under "C Language", namely Libraries, Background Programs, Realtime Routines, CPLCs/user and CPLCs/rti.

To be perfectly clear: we have almost no script files, but we do have C-Language servo routines, RTI, and Background Program.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "No Device" feature in IDE is purely providing you a tool for accessing your project, but a full compilation without a Power PMAC is not possible since the IDE requires the header files from the target Power PMAC in order to be able to compile the code.

The "No Device" feature in IDE is purely providing you a tool for accessing your project, but a full compilation without a Power PMAC is not possible since the IDE requires the header files from the target Power PMAC in order to be able to compile the code.

I'm confused by that response. I am certainly able to build the entire project on my windows machine. Observing the build process leads me to believe that all the required header files are present on my windows machine, within "C:\Program Files (x86)\Delta Tau Data Systems Inc\2.0\Power PMAC Suite\powerpc-460-linux-gnu". All the .out, .so, and .ko files are generated. I presume correctly.

I have since discovered that the build products are not sufficient, however. After placing then in /var/ftp/usrflash, one has to run "projpp". Perhaps that is what you mean.

This leads into my next question. Let's assume that I do the proper build & download and have the project running properly. Can I simply copy /var/ftp/usrflash onto a flash disk (under PowerPMAC) and boot up another Delta Tau to load the code (per http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=572 )?

-Steve

Steve,

The IDE's Backup/Restore window provides proper tools and methods which helps you move/copy your project from one Power PMAC to another. Please see the Power PMAC IDE documentation (available under help menu in IDE) specifically on "Backup Restore".

981455142_2014-05-1308_16_05-PowerPMACSuite(Administrator).png.1145b6e284b58aa1bbca3807a9b5b572.png